Imagine this, you are sitting on your couch and a wine bottle shoots across the room and lands on a travertine floor without breaking. Or, a door slams and you are the only one in the house. Maybe a cabinet full of vases all fly out and drop to the ground. Could be a bit scary right? This is my house on the regular!
Just for fun!
Just for fun and because I like to talk about every topic, I welcomed Extreme Vision Paranormal to Spirited Straight Talk. The unknown can be scary. In my world, the unknown is where I work. To me, it is not scary, it is just energy. Energy can be be present in many different forms, but it can not be destroyed. The energy every living thing has can leave imprints on this world when the physicality of life is no more. Sometimes this energy can manifest itself into the physical world and can create uncertainty or fear for those who are experiencing strange happenings.
What Is This Energy?
I recently had my friends from Extreme Vision Paranormal, a group of ghost hunters based out of Illinois, on my podcast to talk about energy and their experiences with the paranormal investigations they have done. This group is unique because they go into an investigation with the mindset that they will explain the occurrence as being of this world versus of the paranormal world.
They go through a very scientific process using specialized equipment to “capture” a voice or an image. Much like I myself am a radar for spirits, their equipment used is a tangible radar that can help to validate the paranormal. EMF recorders, cameras, digital and voice recorders, cctv camera systems, and even dousing rods are tools they have in their arsenal that can all scientifically measure energy.
Am I Going Crazy?
The folks at Extreme Vision Paranormal have some great thoughts on energy and specifically residual energy or hauntings. Many people who seek out the help of paranormal hunters just want the proof that what they are experiencing is valid. They want to know they are not going crazy!
It takes a ton of energy for spirits to vocalize or communicate with us. When Extreme Vision does an investigation, they will first go into a room to establish a baseline EMF recording. Investigations are done at night to cut down on human activity and noise. They use various recorders. Spirits love any kind of electrical equipment because it is easier for them communicate through those devices in order to be heard. It takes a great deal of energy from spirits, they have to lower their energy levels and electrical equipment allows them to express themselves in an easier way.
Where is this coming from?
When we have energy in our home that is unwanted, how do we get rid of it? Clearing energy is simple when it’s done with intention. Examine the reason you feel that clearing the energy is something that is needed. Then, what do you hope to gain from the cleansing? Set the intention for the new energy coming in. Are you wanting the energy to move on, or do you want to clear the space of negative energy? Do you want to pave the way for more positive feeling in your space, or is there a specific intention? Be clear very clear about your intention.
A Few Things You Can Try
- SMUDGING– Using Sage, or Palo Santo to cleanse your space. Walk through your space with intention with your favorite. Make sure your windows and doors are open to allow the energy to leave the home. Waft the smoke into each room making sure you get all the corners, ceilings and any small space. Negativity tends to collect in corners just like dust. Touch windows, hallways, and closets with the healing smoke.
- SALT– Use salt around the perimeter of your space. This is setting the intention so that boundaries are clear. This allows unnecessary spirits to avoid your space because you are letting them know your boundaries.
- CRYSTALS-You can also strategically place crystals throughout the space so the power of the crystal can cleanse. I chose Selenite, Rose Quartz and Amethyst for the kit I recommend. All for peace, calm and positivity.
- CLEAR OUT THE CLUTTER– Clutter can create physical and spiritual obstacles in life. Clutter can sometimes translate as symbols of negativity within your life. Clearing it out helps formulate a clear intention of healing and positivity.
- CLEANSING CEREMONY– Ask the negative energy to leave. You can use any type of tool to help to create that ceremony whether it be drums, chimes, bells, or even holy water splashed in corners of your space.
BONUS-Bring in the good energy- Finally, bring in the positive energy with things like music, fresh plants or flowers, even candles. Open up the blinds and let the sun in or some fresh air in. Have a celebration, whatever that looks like for you. Cook your favorite meal and celebrate great, positive energy!
When you listen to this weeks podcast episode titled Ghosts, The Paranormal and Clearing Energy You Don’t Want you will hear a few spooky things captured and the paranormal can be understandably frightening.
I just have to say, I hear your loved ones voices all the time and I always find it comforting versus scary.
I also have put together a Home Cleansing Kit if you need a bit of help cleansing the energy in your space. It may help you hear from your loved ones a bit easier as well.
Namasté and Love,