Mercury retrograde in Gemini is coming on May 29th 2021 and lasting until June 22nd 2021. All the signs show that we may be in for a little chaos. Due to it being in Gemini it is expected to be a bit more intense than others.
We could experience some communication barriers and upsets. Your entrance into June could be a bit of an emotional rollercoaster ride, so be patient!
What the Heck?
First, the planet isn’t really reversing its orbit, it is really an optical illusion where the planet appears to be moving backward from our viewpoint on Earth. All the things this planet rules can be affected. Communication, electronics, travel, emails, telephone, writing etc.
What does this all mean?
This planet’s ability to create this chaos is real.
Mercury’s backward appearance is a convenient scapegoat whenever a flight is delayed, a computer refuses to work properly, or your phone drops calls or won’t connect.
Mercury is associated with communication, information, electronics, travel, and clear thinking. So, when it’s retrograde, we must be ready for a breakdown or delays in all those areas.
Mercury Retrograde Can Be Beneficial
While this period may feel like it’s shaking up your entire world, it is not just a run of bad luck. The side effects of this transit are generally things that are meant to happen for the better. Realizing things that no longer serve you. This is the universes way of forcing us to review, recheck, and revisit things in our life. Given that Mercury retrograde isn’t a time to start something new, it makes sense that we should slow down. You know it is coming so you are prepared to deal with what’s in front of you at this time.
Mercury Can Work for You!
How can you get Mercury retrograde to work FOR you instead of against you?
Take a breath. Despite the frustration that comes with a Mercury retrograde cycle, it’s not the end of the world. While it may be an inconvenience to deal with for close to three months every year, it’s not unmanageable. Back up your electronic devices, stay flexible and patient, check all warning lights or alarms on your vehicles and electronics, and slow down. If you sign a contract or start a new job during this time just double check everything, move slowly and be aware.
The retrograde cycle tends to reveal what is not working properly, and although it can contribute to delays and frustrations, it can also reveal issues that are important to resolve.
It is a good time to deal with what you may have been putting off or delaying and Mercury retrograde can be a positive thing for creativity and connection.
Mercury Retrograde Self-Care Tips for Your Body and Mind:
- Citrine crystals can help increase positive communication. Place a couple on your desk or near you. Carry them with you.
- Create an essential oil blend to support your wellbeing. One that I like – blend 9 drops of frankincense, 11 drops of myrrh, 9 drops of ylang ylang and 2 drop lemon grass. Diffuse in your space or mix with a carrier oil like coconut and apply to your body.
- Plan a digital detox. If there’s ever a great time to take a break from your electronics and close out of your social media apps, it’s Mercury retrograde. Who knows what can happen with communication?
- Practice some breathing exercises when you’re having a technology or travel issue. There’s no reason to allow yourself to get worked up about something you can’t control.
- Don’t start new projects, take this opportunity to relook at what you are currently doing.
- Pause and breath before speaking to open clear communication.
Malas and stones to help with focus and mediation during mercury retrograde.
- Hematite-grounding to pull negative energy from the body-general survival, place one in each pocket to stay grounded.
- Amazonite-calming and soothing energy during times of anxiety and stress-carry with you in your pocket or purse. Provides energetic protection and mental flexibility.
- Lapis Lazuli-Supports honest communication and connection to your inner wisdom-place in your pocket whenever you need clear communication.
- Fluorite-emits peace and harmony, helping to release stress and anxiety. Carry with you, it is said to bring harmony and balance.
- See my Mala’s to find the one that resonates with you to help you manage the energy right now.
Sending you love and light!